Sunday, July 17, 2011

In my Postfach: Craft it Forward 2011 fun!



Whenever I see mail with the return address showing 'Stillwater Designs' I get excited. It's like these packages should have a sticker on them saying "Open me fast: Pretty things inside!" because how lovely is this soft scarf?

Do you know what's so cool about this scarf (aside from it being a Craft it Forward gift)? Allison used fabric from Joel Dewberry's 'Deer Valley' line, the same line I'm using to make my patchwork pillows for my living room!

Btw- I spent 4 hours this weekend finalizing the patterns, figuring out which fabrics will go where, and measuring out the pieces. Sewing starts this week -so exciting!!

Allison started the Craft it Forward 2011 blog movement, so it was appropriate that her craft was the first to arrive. I guess I better nail down my ideas and get cranking! I haven't sent anything out yet -have you??

3 comments :

Sewandthecity said...

Oh this is one very nice scarf! I read the old post about Craft It Forward 2011, it is such a lovely idea! I would love to join.

Allison said...

Hey Jules,

Thanks for the post! I hope you like wearing something made from this fabric collection as well as decorating with it. Even though I have already sent out your Craft It Forward, I have a lot of work to do still... I posted it not only on my blog, but on Facebook too!

Enjoy!

Kelly said...

How beautiful! She did a lovely job. I'm excited to see your pillow progress. We finally figured out our color scheme for the living room, so we can actually buy the fabrics now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails